RunThrough on fortran a.exe with list input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22691] RunThrough on fortran a.exe with list input
  • From: brett-mckinney at ou.edu (Brett McKinney)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:27:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I have a little fortran code that takes about 6 input numbers
(input#1,...,input#6) and outputs a list of coordinates.  I want to
use Mathematica to run the compiled fortran code (a.exe) with input I
type in Mathematica and output the coordinates in Mathematica.  I am
trying to use RunThrough["command",expr].  I made sure Mathematica was
set to the same directory as the compiled code, then I let
"command"="a.exe"
expr={input#1,input#2,...,input#6} <- this is a list - problem?

When I execute RunThrough, Mathematica opens and closes a dos window
but no output.  Does anyone know how to fix this or is there possibly
a better way to do this in Mathematica?  Ultimately I want to make a
Table of the outputs with one of the input#'s as the iteration
variable and compute slopes of the coordinate lists, but I'm having
trouble with RunThrough.

Thanks!
Brett