Mathematica for Linux Running on FreeBSD

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22743] Mathematica for Linux Running on FreeBSD
  • From: Kevin Gross <gross.4 at wright.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 03:27:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all!

Does anyone have any experience running Mathematica 4.0 for linux using
FreeBSD?  I am considering moving to the FreeBSD on x86 box and would
like to know about any troubles/things to look out for. I know FreeBSD
is able to run virtually any Linux software provided things are set up
properly.  If it matters, I am using the student edition.

Thanks in advance

Kevin Gross
gross.4 at wright.edu