Re: Generate an Executable Code From Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22827] Re: Generate an Executable Code From Mathematica
  • From: rkundi at raptor.mtc.ti.com (Raoon Kundi)
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:01:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have seen Tcl/Tk compilers.  It is a script language running under an
"environment".  I haven't heard anything about mathematica compilation but
I don't see a reason why it can't be done.

It will generate a very big binary.  Generally a curtailed interpreter is
rolled into that binary for such projects.

Since Tcl/Tk is a free-ware some company produced the compiler after looking
at the open source.  For mathematica, I will assume, only wolfram research
has the capability to do something like this.

Regards,
--
RAOON KUNDI

Jens-Peer Kuska (kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de) wrote:
: Hi,

: Since Mathematica is an interpreter and not a compiler you must have
: the interpreter.

: AFIK no interperter allow the generation of standalone programs.

: Regards
:   jens

: Bey Mohamed wrote:
: >
: > Hi all and good morning,
: >
: > I want to know if Mathematica permits to generate an executable code (*.exe)
: > for running it on a machine where Mathematica is not installed.
: >
: > The other languages like Fortran, C, C++, VisualBasic...permit to generate
: > an executable code after compiling and linking the source files.
: >
: > I'm using Mathematica on UNIX Operating System.
: >
: > Thanks in advance.
: >
: > Mohamed Bey.