Re: Follow-up on Do[] Question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23373] Re: Follow-up on Do[] Question
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 02:59:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You're right that the on-line help is a bit vague on this point. You can
string multiple statements as long as they each end with a semicolon, with a
comma separating the compound statement from the iteration specification.

  {x, 1, 5}]

Alternately, you can enclose the compound statement in braces, with a comma
again indicating the iterator as here

  {x, 1, 5}]

Hope that helps.

PS: I can't tell you how much I resent no-spam manoevers that presume your
time is more valuable than mine :)
Atul Sharma MD, FRCP(C)
Pediatric Nephrologist,
McGill University/Montreal Children's Hospital

news:8elmvq$sii at