Re: Follow-up on Do[] Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23334] Re: Follow-up on Do[] Question
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 02:59:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

and what does a ";" ? It is the short form of

?CompoundExpression

"expr1; expr2; ...  evaluates the expri in turn, giving the last one as
the \
result."

The three commands in a single Do[] loop will work like one
Do[
  Print["I must read the"];
  Print["manual more carefull."];
  Print["All 1470 pages are extreme usefull."],
  {200}
]

because the commands are grouped by a CompoundExpression[] that
collect several expressions into a single one.

Regards
  Jens