Re: Integrate query

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23386] Re: [mg23361] Integrate query
  • From: Rob Pratt <rpratt at email.unc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 02:07:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm calling the fraction p to avoid confusion with the function f.

Solve[Integrate[f[x], {x, 0, a}] == p]

For example,

Solve[Integrate[Exp[-x], {x, 0, a}] == 1/2]

Solve::"ifun": "Inverse functions are being used by \!\(Solve\), so some \
solutions may not be found."

{{a -> Log[2]}}

Rob Pratt
Department of Operations Research