Re: NURBS ?

In article <8eg50h$ge5 at smc.vnet.net>, Martin Zacho <zac at mip.sdu.dk>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm about to implement NURBS surfaces in mathematica, but before I
> implement the stuff myself - I would like to know if anybody has done
> some of the work :o) Or otherwise has any comments to the project ?!
>
> Martin Zacho,
> MSc. student at Odense University, Denmark.

There is a full OpenGL interface for Mathematica by Conix
(www.conix3d.com) including Glut. I don't know what you have in mind
to do, but it would be convenient to have Mathematica functions  (like
NurbsPlot3D or so) creating
precisely the nurbs objects required by OpenGL. This way one could
visualize them instantly. I have written a very simple ParametricPlot3D
substitute creating an OpenGL Quad object with normals
precisely for that purpose. If you're interested, I can you send a
sample notebook, but you'll need the Conix add-on to try it.

Regards,

Matthias Weber