Re: NURBS ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23377] Re: NURBS ?
- From: Matthias Weber <weber at math.uni-bonn.de>
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 02:07:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: RHRZ - University of Bonn (Germany)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8eg50h$ge5 at smc.vnet.net>, Martin Zacho <zac at mip.sdu.dk> wrote: > Hi, > > I'm about to implement NURBS surfaces in mathematica, but before I > implement the stuff myself - I would like to know if anybody has done > some of the work :o) Or otherwise has any comments to the project ?! > > Martin Zacho, > MSc. student at Odense University, Denmark. > > > There is a full OpenGL interface for Mathematica by Conix (www.conix3d.com) including Glut. I don't know what you have in mind to do, but it would be convenient to have Mathematica functions (like NurbsPlot3D or so) creating precisely the nurbs objects required by OpenGL. This way one could visualize them instantly. I have written a very simple ParametricPlot3D substitute creating an OpenGL Quad object with normals precisely for that purpose. If you're interested, I can you send a sample notebook, but you'll need the Conix add-on to try it. Regards, Matthias Weber