Re: Symbols & Legend Fonts in MultipleListPlot...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23422] Re: Symbols & Legend Fonts in MultipleListPlot...
  • From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 21:18:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Mark,

>     I finally figured out how to create a list plot of multiple data,
> with color encoding for the different data series, and a Legend
> identifying the data by symbol & color-- by employing MultipleListPlot.
> I also employed the DefaultFont directive (DefaultFont->{"Helvetica",10}
> ) to set the default font.  In Wickham-Jones, p.323, there is an example
> of this usage, which also sets the font for the Legend descriptors.
> However, in my case (Mathematica, v4.0; WinNTv.4.0) while axes numbers
> are changed by DefaultFont, the Legend fonts are not changed & I can't
> find any way to set the Legend fonts separately.  How do I set my legend
> fonts?  The default ones are awfully small.

I got around this by hard-coding the changes in the *.m file.  No, it's
not particularly elegant but it did work.

What I do now though, is use StyleForm[] on the text in the legend, and
bypass Wickham-Jones' routines (excellent though they are).  Also, using
$TextStyle is apparently more PC than DefaultFont.

Regards,

Dave.

 David Annetts                                       _____________
 http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/                |C R C A M E T|
 CRC for Australian Mineral                         |````` \      |
 Exploration Technologies                           |`````/$\     |
 Earth & Planetary Sciences                         |````/$$$\____|
 Macquarie University, NSW 2109                     |```/$$$/.....|
 AUSTRALIA                                          |``/$$$/......|
 phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366  -------------