MathLink Transfer speed
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23423] MathLink Transfer speed
- From: cmiyaji at mpd.biglobe.ne.jp (Chikara MIYAJI)
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 02:32:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Japanese Institute of Sports Sciences
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi All, I made a small web site which measure the MathLink transfer speed. It uses a simple installable MathLink program to measure the transfer speed. <http://goriate.melt.kyutech.ac.jp/~miyaji/index-e.shtml> Here are the selected results of transferring 100000 integer list; PII(600Mhz) Linux(Pipe) 0.023sec PowerMac G4(400MHz) MacOS9(PPC) 0.39sec AMD K6(400MHz) Windows98(FileMap) 2.75sec Interestingly there are more than 10 times differences between protocols and machines. I hope these results will help you to guess how long does your program take to transfer the data. It is not difficult to measure the transfer time on your environement. There are executable programs for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Or if you need to compile for your environment, you can download the source code. Also I'm very glad to get more data for the various platforms.