Re: ReExitDialog in ButtonfFunction
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23448] Re: Re[mg23369] ExitDialog in ButtonfFunction
- From: "David Bailey" <db at salford-software.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 02:32:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jacqueline Zizi <jazi at club-internet.fr> wrote in message
news:8etoij$mv7 at smc.vnet.net...
> I already answer you on the French list GroumF. May be you did not get
> the answer? Or don't you like it? If so Why?
I think the point here is that Return only seems to work when directly
entered at the top level. It does not work in a button, nor does it work in
a function (where it has another meaning of course).
I encountered this problem some time ago and Wolfram support offered the
following (which works):
ButtonBox["Resume", ButtonEvaluator -> None,
ButtonFunction :> FrontEnd`ExitSubsession[Automatic],
Active -> True] // DisplayForm
Curiously, there is a function ExitDialog with a usage statement but no
other documentation which also fails when put inside a button! It would be
nice if WRI fixed this function and documented it for the next release.
Prev by Date:
MathLink Transfer speed
Next by Date:
Re: Exporting eps-Graphics
Previous by thread:
ReExitDialog in ButtonfFunction
Next by thread:
Re: Re: ReExitDialog in ButtonfFunction