  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23470] How to grid ungridded data
  • From: "Manolis Petrakis" <MPetrakis at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 00:54:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi there,

(I suppose this is a common problem for everyone who want to handle
experimental data...)

Well I want to find an efficient (and especially fast) way to grid data, and
then to apply splines or fits, etc.

For example imagine importing temperatures from weather stations all around
a country, and you want to plot contours, (like the fancy charts on TV
weather bulletins). So far I know that Mathematica (we are talking for
version 3.0 here) can plot contours for gridded data.

I made a first attempt with triangulation but it's sooooooo slow...

Thanks!

Manolis Petrakis
University of Crete, Greece
Physics Dept.