[TS 3227] ListInterpolation
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23467] [TS 3227] ListInterpolation
- From: Kurt Taretto <Kurt.Taretto at ipe.uni-stuttgart.de>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 00:54:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I'm using ListInterpolation to get functions that smoothly describe my data. So the resulting plots are smooth lines that transverse my noisy data. When I try to plot the derivative of this functions, I get very sharp zig-zags (that I could also get deriving numerically my data). Mathematica is making an interpolation between my points, and since my points are noisy distributed, y also get the noise in the derivative. That's ok, but why do I get smooth plots that cross my data, say, at a "mean noise value". I cannot use NonLinearFit because the functions I need should be case sensitive and I have a large number of data sets, so choosing a fitting function every time could be extremely tedious. I'm sure there's a way out of this, if someone could help me, I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!