Parametric Solving Question From 14 Year Old

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23507] Parametric Solving Question From 14 Year Old
  • From: Alan <alana at mac.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:44:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!
    I am 14 and am wondering how to solve parametric equations directly
without graphing in Mathematica? I am figuring out when a projectile in
motion hits the ground only due to the even force of gravity acting upon
it. The parametric equation is:

x(t)=15*t*Cos[60]
y(t)=15*t*Sin[60]-9.80665/2*t^2

I want to find the value x(t) and t when y(t)=0.

        Thank you,
        Alan