Sorting with Infinity
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23513] Sorting with Infinity
- From: Jack Goldberg <jackgold at math.lsa.umich.edu>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 02:44:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I construct lists which may look like this
When this list is sorted by using Sort, I get
I would prefer, naturally,
This is easy to do if one doesn't care about elegance. Without
spelling out the obvious details, here are a few kludges:
(1) Replace Infinity by 10^15, Sort then switch back to Infinity.
(2) Use Append and Prepend after Sort and deleting infinities.
(3) RotateRight after Sort and switch signs on infinities
Anyone got a "cute" solution say by using a sorting function or
perhaps some arcane command unknown to mere mortals?
Prev by Date:
Parametric Solving Question From 14 Year Old
Next by Date:
Re: [Help me] Start Up Error
Previous by thread:
RE: Re: Parametric Solving Question From 14 Year Old
Next by thread:
Re: Sorting with Infinity