polynomial order

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23628] polynomial order
  • From: "Matt Enlow" <matt at enlow.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 02:16:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've been trying to get Mathematica to display polynomials in decreasing
order of degrees, instead of increasing order, but to no avail. I've tried
using the Sort function, but it doesn't work... it probably sorts them the
way I want first, then when it outputs them, it reverts to its standard way
of increasing-degree order. Is there some setting somewhere that will allow
me to do this? I've scoured the Help, but can't seem to find any information
on this.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Enlow
Bridgeport, CT