Linux have sound! for Mathematica 4.0 (fwd)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23601] Linux have sound! for Mathematica 4.0 (fwd)
  • From: sidew <sidew at libero.it>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 02:16:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, my name is Alberto Ferrazzoli and I have a little trick for
people who want play sound in Mathematica 4.0 under Linux systems.
The idea is simple:
Change default call behavior for sound object in mathematica to an
external program that do the play job.
So we need 'play' command that came with every Linux distribuition.

Here i have the sound.m module that do the work. You must put this
module in a directory that is in the $PATH ex:

~/.Mathematica/4.0/AddOns/Appications/

then add the following command to your Kernel's init.m file in:
~/.Mathematica/4.0/Kernel/

if[$ParentLink =!= Null, Get["sound.m"]];

That's all folks !

Bye.

Alberto Ferrazzoli
alberto at shado1.fisi.polimi.it