Re: Quadratic Programming

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23617] Re: [mg23539] Quadratic Programming
  • From: Todd Stevenson <todds at>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 02:16:18 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

FindMinimum uses an adaptation of Powell's Method (while it does not
consider constraints.)  In addition to built-in functions such as
FindMinimum, Wolfram Research sells three third-party application packages
with optimization functionality.

Industrial Optimization includes several well known methods for quadratic
objective functions and linear constraints.
Global Optimization could also be used (docs are at
Operations Research is useful in linear and/ or discrete problems, as
related to OR.

All three packages are listed at

Todd Stevenson
Wolfram Research