Newbie Q: Referencing Auto-number Cells
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23653] Newbie Q: Referencing Auto-number Cells
- From: iliketrash at aol.com
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:09:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In preparaing a paper for publication, I find that making automatically (re)numbering things like equations and figures easy since some of the built-in stylesheets are already set up to do this. However, how do I make references (sometimes called cross-references or citations) within ordinary text to equations and figures that are automatically (re)numbered? In other words, I want to write ...see Equation (6). and when Equation 6 becomes Equation 7 because I inserted another equation in ahead of it, I want the above reference to automaticaaly read ...see Equation (7). Many thanks.