Newbie Q: Referencing Auto-number Cells
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23653] Newbie Q: Referencing Auto-number Cells
- From: iliketrash at aol.com
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:09:04 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In preparaing a paper for publication, I find that making automatically
(re)numbering things like equations and figures easy since some of the
built-in stylesheets are already set up to do this.
However, how do I make references (sometimes called cross-references or
citations) within ordinary text to equations and figures that are
automatically (re)numbered? In other words, I want to write
...see Equation (6).
and when Equation 6 becomes Equation 7 because I inserted another
equation in ahead of it, I want the above reference to automaticaaly read
...see Equation (7).
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
A very simple question on including notebooks into other notebooks.
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Newbie Q: Referencing Auto-number Cells