  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23661] A very simple question on including notebooks into other notebooks.
  • From: Madhusudan Singh <chhabra at eecs.umich.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:09:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A very basic question:
---------------

I have a Mathematica notebook with constants and expressions I often use
in my calculations. I have tried to include it by :
<<"useful.nb";

I noticed one thing : The constants defined in useful.nb are not made
available to the current notebook unless useful.nb has been opened and
run once. This might be some kind of default behaviour but I find it
very unsatisfactory. Suggestions ? I want to use this file just as a .h
file in a C++ program.

Thanks,
Madhusudan Singh.