Re: Command to get a notebook's directory?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23641] Re: [mg22927] Command to get a notebook's directory?
- From: Martin Stockhammer <martin.stockhammer at visualanalysis.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:08:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Visual Analysis GmbH
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jordan Rosenthal schrieb:
> Thanks to both of you for your reply. Between the time I wrote my message
> and the time you replied I also (after quite a bit of time!) came up with
> the following
> ToFileName[ NotebookDirectory /. Options[$FrontEnd,
> NotebookDirectory][] ]
> Since you both used the NotebookInformation function, I am wondering if
> there is any reason my approach may be buggy. Is there any hidden problems
> in doing it my way?
This gives the directory where new notebooks are saved and that you will
see first, in
the File-Browser, if you want to open a new notebook.
If you have several notebooks open, where each lies in a different
directory, your solution
gives the directory of the last opened or saved notebook and not the
is currently used for evaluation.
Visual Analysis GmbH
email: martin.stockhammer at visualanalysis.com
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: line numbering in packages
Previous by thread:
Re: programming DeleteRepetitions
Next by thread:
how embed fonts with emmathfnt?