Re: line numbering in packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23642] Re: line numbering in packages
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:08:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

how to find the line 7349 ? First of all you can count the
lines from the begin of our file.
Second you can use a ASCII editor (PFE, TextPad, Notepad, ...) that
show the line number in it's status bar.

The error is not exactly in the line reported by Mathematica, somewhere
above.
Because the parser read an expression, try to interpert it
and opp's it gives the line where it can't continue the
parsing and not the true error positon

Regards
  Jens