[Q] accuracy control in eq. solving?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23678] [Q] accuracy control in eq. solving?
- From: research at proton.csl.uiuc.edu (James)
- Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:24:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello! I have a question regarding to the accuracy control of the equation solution. I'm currently solving polynomial equations(degrees are at least 5), and wondering if I can control the accuracy level of the solution. Specifically, when I recomputed the original equation by replacing the answers that mathematica gives, I got the error of roughly 10^-7 or 10^-8 for degree 9. Regarding this, I have the following questions. (1) Is there any way to control(increase) the accuracy? (2) What would be the best known math tool (in terms of accuracy) in solving high-degree polynimial equations? (3) I'm a newbie in mathematica, so I manually type in, when I check the answer(polynomial eqs.). Is there any systax for that in mathematica? Thank you.