Re: Converting to QuickTime

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25924] Re: Converting to QuickTime
  • From: Laurent CHUSSEAU <chusseau at univ-montp2.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 03:04:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

dans l'article 8uakvo$au3 at smc.vnet.net, A. E. Siegman  siegman at stanford.edu
a ecrit le 8/11/2000 5:31:

> Menu commands in the Mac version of Mathematica 4.0 include
>
> Edit/Copy As/QuickTime
>
> Edit/Save Selection As/QuickTime
>
> Cell/Convert To/QuickTime
>
> Do all of these produce the same final result?

I also have Mathematica 4 on MacOS. The three methods have produce with my
favorite example exactly the same file (same length) that is played
similarly using QuickTime player. The three manners then seem exactly
identical except that the last one effectively convert the graphs in the
notebook, they are no more visible individually (but you can make the
converse and convert them back to standardform or outputform or...).

> (And while we're at it, is there no way to pause or single-step an
> animation in Mathematica 4.0, without terminating the animation? -- I thought
> remembered be able to do that in earlier versions.)

You can stop animation using the stop button at the bottom left of the
Mathematica Front End window (the one with two vertical bars like those of
CD player for example). For single step just click the left arrow while
being in mode pause. Other buttons are also very useful for reversing
animation, looping, ...