embedding Mathematica equations in MS Word part 2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26020] embedding Mathematica equations in MS Word part 2
  • From: Mike <m.honeychurch at sci.monash.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:43:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In the previous post I should have mentioned that I have rebuilt my font
index in PDF writer but this doesn't seem to help.

embedding Mathematica equations in MS Word

(...and having them look good when printed.)

I use V4.0 in a G4 Mac.

To cut a long story short I use mathematica at home but need to print stuff
out at work. To embed mathematica equations into word documents the easiest
way to get them looking like the real thing is to save them as PICT and
insert them into the word document.

I print my word document to PDF using acrobat exchange but this produces a
weird error saying that the MC font is missing (the font is not
missing...unless it is not looking for it in the font folder in the system
folder).

As a result the standard mathematica MC font (which I thought was
courier??!! why is it MC?) is replaced by Times in the the pdf document.

The sky is not going to fall in but this is irritating.

any suggestions?

thanks

Mike