displaying two cells side by side

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26048] displaying two cells side by side
  • From: Ben Jacobson <bjacobson at illumitech.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:08:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'd like one of my Mathematica notebooks to show a long, thin graphic side
by side with a text cell, like this (this is my first foray into ASCII art,
so bear with me):

-------
|  G  |      Second cell with text
|  r  |      describing graphic.
|  a  |
|  p  |      Third cell with
|  h  |      regular expressions
|  i  |
|  c  |
-------

The goal is to have text wrap around graphics, as can be done in most word
processors.  Judging by the formatting in The Book, I would guess it can't
be done.  Is this correct?  I should clarify--I'm sure it can be done by
programming a solution, my question is whether such wrapping is a built-in
feature that can be selected by correctly choosing cell options, etc.  Thanks.

Ben Jacobson
Illumitech Inc.