Axis label for StackGraphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26047] Axis label for StackGraphics
  • From: "Philip M. Howe" <pmhowe at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:08:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi All,

Sometimes, I find it very useful to use StackGraphics to make plots
to visualize parameter effects.  A trivial example results from the
following:

<< Graphics`Graphics3D`;

Clear[k];
funct[k_] := Module[{eqtn},
       eqtn = Exp[ 1 - (x - k)/x] ;
       Plot[eqtn, {x, 1., 2  Pi}, PlotRange -> All,
         DisplayFunction -> Identity]];

tab1 = Table[funct[k], {k, 1, 10}];

Show[StackGraphics[tab1], DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction];

I would like to have the values of k included in the plot, along the
third axis, to identify each curve.  If I change the option Axes ->
{True, False, True} to Axes -> {True,True, True}, I can get numbers
on the third axis, but they don't correspond to the values of k.
Also, for clarity, I may often want the k-values plotted along the
lower right axis.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Phil