problem with nonlinearfit

Hi everybody,

I have to fit the function e = (s/K)^(Na)*(t/a)^a    (s = constant;
t = variable; K,N,a = parameters) to a given set of datas.
Then, I have used the NonlinearFit function (Statistics'NonlinearFit'
package), but I have two problems:

1) I can't specify any start values or range using. I tried to give them
as any forms, but I always got error messages concerning these
parameters.

2) mathematica shows kind of a strange behavior when repeating the fit
operation, sometimes it keeps old values and sometimes it reports
different error messages.

Any help welcome,
Thanks in advance, Dragan.