How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25633] How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?
- From: Lou Pecora <pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil>
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:04:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I generate data in my C programs and write it to a file using %e
format in many of my programs. This leads to numbers like 1.2e-01 and
3.6e+02. When I use Import in Mathematica it handles the negative
exponents fine, but things like e+02 or e+00 are treated like strings.
How can I get Mathematica to recognize positive exponents as numbers?
If I go into each file and eliminate the "+" it does recognize things
as numbers, but I don't want to have to edit every data file put out in
my calculations. I'm hoping there is a simple workaround, otherwise I
classify this behavior as a BAD 'feature'. Help, anyone. Thanks.
Prev by Date:
Re: integral of Bessel function, bug in Mathematica 4.0
Next by Date:
Re: Making Big Substitution List
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Harmonic Analysis
Next by thread:
Re: How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?