Re: How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25655] Re: How to Import Numbers with + in the Exponential?
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 02:52:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 16 Oct 2000, Lou Pecora wrote: > I generate data in my C programs and write it to a file using %e > format in many of my programs. This leads to numbers like 1.2e-01 and > 3.6e+02. When I use Import in Mathematica it handles the negative > exponents fine, but things like e+02 or e+00 are treated like strings. > How can I get Mathematica to recognize positive exponents as numbers? > If I go into each file and eliminate the "+" it does recognize things > as numbers, but I don't want to have to edit every data file put out in > my calculations. I'm hoping there is a simple workaround, otherwise I > classify this behavior as a BAD 'feature'. Help, anyone. Thanks. Answers to this and other frequently asked questions may be found at the Wolfram Research Technical Support website: http://support.wolfram.com/Kernel/Files/Fortran.html This problem has been fixed for an upcoming release of Mathematica. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.