Newbie-?: How to edit an input and recalculate dependent formula's

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25629] Newbie-?: How to edit an input and recalculate dependent formula's
  • From: "Adriaan_S" <adriaansachtler at home.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:04:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I started to use Mathematica 4.02 today (on Windows NT 4.0), and quickly ran
into a problem: how do I edit an input??

It is easy enough to change an existing input line, but I noticed that two
unexpected things happen:
(a) the input line number is changed to (the last one +1)
(b) none of the subsequent equations (in the original number scheme) are
recalculated

I would like to believe that I am not the first of over 1 million
Mathematica users to ever make a mistake? I searched help, but with no
success.

>>How do I correct or modify an input line in such a way that all of the
following equations ARE recalculated??

On a related note, since the calcs don't execute in the order they are
displayed on the page, is there a way to re-display the page to match the
actual calcs?

Many thanks, Adriaan Sachtler