Re: Fourier Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25776] Re: Fourier Question
  • From: "Dana" <dana_news at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Thank you for your time.  I will study this link on Fourier
I have lots of Books on Fourier Transforms, it is just that I do not know
how to use Mathematica's results in any useful fashion yet.
I will continue to try to figure this out.
Again, Thank you very much for your time.  Dana

"Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote in message
news:DXxH5.309$qE1.6399 at ralph.vnet.net...

> Fourier[] make a discrete Fourier transform of equal sampled data
> on the interval [0,2Pi). It make a comples to complex transform
> i.e. with basis functions Exp[i k t] and not Cos[] or Sin[] only.
>
> A nice introduction text about discret Fourier transform may be
> at:
>
> http://www.ulib.org/webRoot/Books/Numerical_Recipes/bookcpdf.html
>
> chapter 12.
>
> Mathematica is clearly much smarter than the NR functions but the
> text is very clear.
>
> Regards
>   Jens
>
> xxx at uunet.uu.net wrote:
> >
> > Hello.  I am reading a few books on Fourier Analysis, and I am stuck on
> > understanding a few concepts.
> > I was hoping someone who uses this function in Mathematica could point
me in
> > the right direction.

<snip>