File/Stream I/O with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25790] File/Stream I/O with Mathematica
  • From: Justus Heimann <Heimann at ism.tu-berlin.de>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:53:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

I'm running Mathematica 4.0 on WinNT and 3.0 on IRIX 6.5.

I have a question concerning "unstructured" File/Stream I/O with
Mathematica:

Does anybody know a Mathematica function which allows to open external
Ascii-files, just scanning the file for a specific text-string in order
to directly replace it with some other string when found and than again
closing the Ascii-file (somehow similar to a UNIX script) ?

Thanxs,
Justus