- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25785] Re: Solve...
- From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:53:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of California, Berkeley
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Anesh Sooklal wrote:
> Dear mathgroup,
> I have been trying to solve the following equation using Solve,
> When I type in the following line I get a message saying that an illegal
> operation has been performed.
> f[w_]: = 1./(w^2) + (.9/30.)/(w - 2. Sqrt[200./10.]k)^2 - 1.-
> (3./30.)/( Sqrt[200./10.]k^2 )
You put a space between the : and the =
I have no clue as to what you are doing with 200./10. Is that supposed
to be different from 20.0 ?
Prev by Date:
less verbose warning messages
Next by Date:
(List)DensityPlot and coloring...
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Solve...
Next by thread:
Using results of "Solve"