- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25785] Re: Solve...
- From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:53:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of California, Berkeley
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Anesh Sooklal wrote: > > Dear mathgroup, > > I have been trying to solve the following equation using Solve, > When I type in the following line I get a message saying that an illegal > operation has been performed. > > f[w_]: = 1./(w^2) + (.9/30.)/(w - 2. Sqrt[200./10.]k)^2 - 1.- > (3./30.)/( Sqrt[200./10.]k^2 ) > You put a space between the : and the = I have no clue as to what you are doing with 200./10. Is that supposed to be different from 20.0 ?