A simple problem

I have a very simple notation problem I cannot solve (because of my limited
knowledge of Mathematica).

Example -- an equation from physics:

f := a * t^2 / 2 - p == 0

Now I want to create the different forms of this equation, such as:

Solve[f,t]

which produces:

sqrt(2) * sqrt(p) / sqrt(a)

Okay, the correct general solution. What I really wanted was the limited
solution ( sqrt(2p/a) ). I know I need to say "assume all the variables are
>= 0", but I can't figure out how to express this.

I've tried applying a number of different constraints without success.

Hey -- I warned you. Simple problem. :)

--

Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com