Re: writing mathematica script files for the math kernel under linux
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25121] Re: writing mathematica script files for the math kernel under linux
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 03:14:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 7 Sep 2000, Ryan VanRiper (--) wrote: > Hello, I spoke with a tech support person at wolfram and they said > mathematica supported scripting. However he didnt know anything more > then that. > > Im running mathematica 4 on linux.. Is it possible for the "math" > executable to somehow run a script file that did the following: > > load in a notebook file > evaluate the notebook > then export the results to a text file > > I want to automate this process without sitting and typing things from > the math command line. > > If anyone has some ideas on how to do this please respond. Try saving the Input cells in a notebook to a Mathematica package file and then run the kernel in batch mode. This process is described in greater detail in this prior posting: http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1998/Apr/msg00243.html -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.