Re: Syntax Error in .nb File

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25163] Re: Syntax Error in .nb File
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 02:58:49 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 10 Sep 2000, Daoxymoron wrote:

> Mathematica tells me that there is a Syntax error when I try to open a file.
> The last time I saved this file, mathematica crashed. Since then the file
> seems wrecked to me. Anybody?

Sounds like you are working with a corrupted notebook.  From the brevity
of your posting it is impossible to say exactly what problems may exist
with the file itself.  There is a utility for recovering salvagable
portions of corrupted notebooks.

You may want to start with that.

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.