Displaying 3D data as 2D + color ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25155] Displaying 3D data as 2D + color ?
  • From: Axel Kowald <axel at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 02:58:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I got numerical 3D data (x,y,z coordinates) which are NOT lying on a
grid, but are scattered. I would like to plot them as 2D with the color
of the points indicating the z value. It seems the standard Mathematica plotting
commands can't do that :-(
But I'm sure there must be a package for this problem.

Any hint is welcomed,

Dr. A. Kowald
Innovationskolleg Theoretische Biologie
Humboldt University Berlin