Re: save a plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25191] Re: [mg25156] save a plot
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:24:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You maylook at FullForm of the plot produced, and you'll find all the
information about the plot. In particular, you may extract thereof the
whole set of points which Mathematica has joined with succesive line
segments to produce the plot. This set you can save for future use. Take
the following example (outputs ommitted):

p = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}]

Here you extract only the points you need:

points= Cases[p, List[x_, y_] -> {x, y}, Infinity]

Then you may save "points" for further use. Save them using >>, i.e.

and retrieve them with

Tomas Garza
Mexico City