Re: save a plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25185] Re: save a plot
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:24:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Martin,

Plot[x^2, {x, 0, 1}] // InputForm

Will output the explicit Mathematica code that can be saved with the notebook and
the picture.(InputForm shows the code explicitely instead of hiding it
behind the special form - Graphics -.

Plot[x^2, {x, 0, 1}] >> "myGraphics"

Will save the code to the file "myGraphics", or a different address.
The code can then be recovered with

<< "myGraphics"

If you want to see the code then use InputForm on it.

--
Allan
hay at haystack.demon.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0)116 271 4198