Re: 3-D plotting of list in spherical coordinates
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25206] Re: 3-D plotting of list in spherical coordinates
- From: David Casey <dcasey1 at home.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:21:43 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 12 Sep 2000 03:13:20 -0400, "Siddiq Qidwai" <siddiq_qidwai at hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I've an irregular list (20 x 40 grid) of numbers to be plotted in 3-D. The >data is in spherical coordinates, i.e., r, theta and phi. I've used the >SetCoordinates[Spherical[r, theta, phi]] and ListSurfacePlot3D commands in >tandem but they apprently still spews out the plot in cartesian coordinates. >I use Mathematica version 3.0. Any suggestions please? > >Thanks. > >Siddiq > > I'd like to know the answer to this as well. The only way I've done it is to convert all the data to cartesian coordinates and plot it. CoordinatesToCartesian[pt,coordsys] This is not very elegant, though. I am hoping there is a way to plot directly in each of the coordinate systems directly.