Re: 3-D plotting of list in spherical coordinates

On 12 Sep 2000 03:13:20 -0400, "Siddiq Qidwai"
<siddiq_qidwai at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I've an irregular list (20 x 40 grid) of numbers to be plotted in 3-D. The
>data is in spherical coordinates, i.e., r, theta and phi. I've used the
>SetCoordinates[Spherical[r, theta, phi]] and ListSurfacePlot3D commands in
>tandem but they apprently still spews out the plot in cartesian coordinates.
>I use Mathematica version 3.0. Any suggestions please?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Siddiq

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.  The only way I've done
it is to convert all the data to cartesian coordinates and plot it.

CoordinatesToCartesian[pt,coordsys]

This is not very elegant, though.  I am hoping there is a way to plot
directly in each of the coordinate systems directly.