save a plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25156] save a plot
  • From: "Martin Richter" <mr.fi at cbs.dk>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 02:58:44 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi

I'm making some plots, for which is takes Matematica a long time to plot.
After making some plots I export them to EPS and is using Show to include
different figures in one plot. Sometimes I need to include/exclude a figure
or rescale the plot after the figure was initial made. If I have closed and
reopen my session the plots are not saved (of course the pictures but I
can't manipulate the plot).

Basic question: Is there a way to save plots or just the points used to
generate the plots such that I don't need to redo all the calculations or
make a list of points myself ?

(I Have looked at MPS format and from that you can actually get the points
as properly with EPS but I hope there is and easier way).

Thanks for any help

Martin