Re: good intro book

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25368] Re: good intro book
  • From: leko at (J. Leko)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:01:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I would recommend Nancy Blachman's "Mathematica: A Practical Approach." I
believe that it's in its second edition at this point, and she now has a
coauthor. It seems geared toward the novice user and explains everything
from getting help, numerics and symbolics, graphics, and programming.
There are even problem sets after each chapter to give you practice with
the material. Be certain to do them - you'll learn lots!

J. Leko

Please reply to leko*j at