Re: About N in Mathematica 4

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25367] Re: About N in Mathematica 4
  • From: leko at (J. Leko)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:01:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

It sounds like you're coming from an older version of Mathematica. I too
had this problem when I switched to 4.0. It appears that the definition of
the N function has changed since then. What you now need to use is the
NumberForm function (section 2.8.7). It seems to operate in a fashion
similar to the old N.

J. Leko

Please reply to leko*j at and remove the *