minimizing f(x,y) ???!!!!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25431] minimizing f(x,y) ???!!!!
- From: twirt at hotmail.com
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:07:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi everyone, I never used Mathematica before and want to find the minimum for the following function: h(a,b) := g(a,b) / f(a,b) a [0 .. pi] b [pi-a .. pi] f(a,b) := 1/3*(1+1/(4*pi)*(a+b-2*acos(-1-cos(a)- cos(b)))) g(a,b) := 1/8*(2-cos(a)-cos(b)) Could anyone give me step by step intructions? Any help is welcome Thanks in advance Thorsten Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.