How to solve the system of linear equations?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25380] How to solve the system of linear equations?
- From: zaklevi at yahoo.com (Zak Levi)
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:06:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear Mathematica experts, How to solve, in Mathematica, the system of linear equations, when a number of equations is larger than a number of variables. Another system easily pass to apply LSM in this case, but it seems to me that there is no such opportunity in Mathematica. As an application, given N>5 points at plane, how to calculate (the parameters) of best fitting ellipse. Thanks a lot, ZL