Re: Serious bug in MatchQ causes crashes and incorrect results

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28264] Re: Serious bug in MatchQ causes crashes and incorrect results
  • From: Jeff DuMonthier <jjdmon at erols.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:53:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I pared down the code to a reasonably sized example which crashes 4.01
on a Mac every time and generates a bunch of internal error messages in
3.0 under Solaris.  That would indicate it is more than a platform
specific problem.  I sent both the example and the messages to Wolfram.
Who knows if I will get a response.  If anyone wants to try it in
Windoze or with a different version, send me an email and I will mail
you the example.