Re: Patterns Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28249] Re: Patterns Problem
  • From: Ignacio Rodriguez <ignacio at sgirmn.pluri.ucm.es>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 01:52:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If you want to multiply matrices, the standard function for multiplication
(Times) will not probably be useful for you, because it multiplies the
elements of the matrices and not the matrices themselves. You may try with
Dot, which contracts the last index in the first tensor with the first index
in the second, allowing for multiplication of matrices or matrices with
vectors.
As for your second question, I am afraid I can't understand what you mean.

--

Ignacio Rodriguez Ramirez de Arellano
Unidad de RMN

Tel. 34-91-394-3288