Symbolize in the Notations Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28157] Symbolize in the Notations Package
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 02:18:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

I have often tried to use the Notations package, but I always get stopped by
the very first Symbolize example. It is something like

Symbolize[Domain\[PartialD]] except that Domain is in script letters.

If one tries to just type this (or click it from the characters palette)
into the Symbolize statement (which I clicked in from the Notations palette)
it does not work.

Later, in the Changing Precedences section of the Help a TagBox form of the
expression is shown. But when I wrap that in DisplayForm and copy it into
the Symbolize statement it also failed.

I can copy the Symbolize statement from the Help and that works. Can anyone
show me how to enter the statement from scratch?

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/