Re: Fonts for Yap DVI-PS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28353] Re: Fonts for Yap DVI-PS
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 01:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

dvips scan you graphics for font resources and *if* you have
the correct font entries in your map file dvips will
include the fonts. The Map file comes with
your Mathematica 4.x as well as the virtual fonts to for
LaTeX/dvips.

You must add the wolfram.map file to the config.ps of dvips
and add the Mathematica type 1 directory to the search path
of dvips. Or better make a directory TEXMF/fonts/type1/wolfram
and copy the contents of $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/Fonts/Type1
into the texmf tree.

You can't force Mathematica to use Computer Modern fonts, but
you can typeset the whole document with the Mathematica fonts
using the virtual fonts in the Inlcude directory of Mathematica,
or you can use psfrag and the kernel alone to generate EPS files
for psfrag package -- than the labels are typeset with TeX and
no Mathematica fonts are used. But you have to use the kernel
direct (without the Frontend) to use psfrag correct.

Regards
  Jens