Re: Mapping a scalar against a list

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg28400] Re: Mapping a scalar against a list
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:28:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

We can ignore, or turn off, the message generated below.

Thread[StringMatchQ["ab",{"aab", "bb", "ab"}]]

StringMatchQ::string: String expected at position 2 in \

Here's another way of avoiding the message:

Block[{StringMatchQ},Thread[StringMatchQ["ab",{"aab", "bb", "ab"}]]

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK
hay at